Adapted from Smitten Kitchen
2 3/4 cup all purpose flour
2 teaspoons cream of tartar
1 teaspoon baking soda
3/4 cups olive oil (in place of 1 cup butter)
1 cup sugar + 3/4 cups splenda (in place of all sugar)
2 Tablespoons ground cinnamon
2 large eggs
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Using a sieve, sift together flour, cream of tartar and baking soda into a medium bowl and set aside.
3. In a larger bowl, cream together olive oil (or butter) and splenda plus 3/4 cup of sugar using a hand mixer until smooth and fluffy, about 2 minutes.
4. Scrape down bowl and add eggs and beat using mixer.
5. Scrape down bowl using rubber spatula and add dry ingredients, stirring to combine.
6. Once you’ve formed a dough, place bowl in the freezer for a few minutes until the dough is manageable.
7. In a small bowl, combine remaining sugar and cinnamon.
8. Using a Tablespoon measuring spoon, scoop out dough and form into balls. Toss the balls, a few at a time, into the bowl of cinnamon sugar to coat.
9. Place cookies about two inches apart on a parchment lined baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes or less, until they crack in the center — again follow your nose! Mine got a little extra crispy on the bottom because I ignored my senses 😦 These babies smelled delicious about 2 minutes before the timer went off, so I should have known, sigh.