Finding a healthier way to make fast food is one of my favorite cooking missions in life. It just takes away some of the guilt without sacrificing the flavor, because we all know we crave this stuff at some point or another. These wedges are crispy on the outside (the thinner, the crispier) and fluffy on the inside, making these a great replacement-that-doesn’t-feel-like-a-replacement for French fries. Less oil, no deep fryer needed (score!). And since they’re baked, I feel much better about dipping them in mayo, which is a definite must in my book 🙂
as many potatoes as you like, any kind
salt and pepper to taste
mayo (or ketchup, if you must)
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
2. Slice the potatoes lengthwise in half. Then cut each half (still lengthwise) into wedges by cutting at a bit of a slant.
3. Lightly coat both sides of your wedges with a little olive oil. Lay them on an aluminum foil-covered baking sheet, and sprinkle on some salt and pepper to taste.
4. Bake for about 30-45 minutes (flipping your wedges about midway through), until brown and crispy.
5. Forget the ketchup — Dip ’em in mayonnaise and feel like a European.