Not only did Antoinette teach me that ketchup is a suitable marinade for chicken; it appears peanut butter and soy sauce make a delicious and quick sauce for pasta. I make this at least once a month, and it’s one of those recipes you can throw anything on hand into and it’ll be just as good.
2 chicken breasts, chopped into bite-sized pieces
1/2 bag of frozen veggies
2 cups spaghetti or any pasta you like
1 Tablespoon peanut butter
1/4 cup soy sauce (or less, you only need it for a little taste)
Juice of 1 lime
1. In a small bowl, marinade chicken using whatever spices you like (I always go for salt, pepper, garlic powder and a pinch of oregano).
2. Meanwhile, cook your pasta as usual.
3. Also, meanwhile, thaw the veggies in the microwave.
4. In a separate bowl, mix together the soy sauce, lime juice, and peanut butter until well blended.
5. In a large saute pan/ casserole pan, cook the chicken until completely cooked through. Add drained pasta, veggies, and peanut butter sauce on low heat until everything’s covered.
Pretty easy, huh? 🙂